The Bulldog Club of New England Incorporated was founded in 1922.
The first founders and first officers of the club were W. G. N. Clark, president; Mr. C. Raper, vice president; and John Morley, secretary-treasurer.
Other founders were: Mrs. W. G. N. Clark, Mrs. H. Winans Burnett, Mr. John E. Davies, Mr. Henry Forrester, Mr. G.Alderic Germaine, Miss E. Q. Huntington, Mrs. W. Palmer Jones, Mrs. Antice Munn , Miss Jeanette Payson, Mr. Lyman Rogers, Miss Lucy Adams, Miss Grace Crosby, Mr. Charles F. Koppel, Mrs. Annie Goodwin, Mr. Elmer Hoskins, Mr. William Lawlor, Mr. Harvey Maxwell, Miss Majorie Nichols,, Dr. Roy Peck and Mr. John W. Vaughn.
The first Bulldog Club of New England specialty show was in October 28, 1922, at Horticultural Hall in Boston, Massachusetts. An entry of 52 was judged by T. W. Martin. Winners Dog and Best of Breed was Warfleigh Sensible Fred, owned by Mrs. Thomas Grisdale. The Winners Bitch was Ruth Law, owned by Mrs. W. N. G. Clark