The Bulldogger Cover Dog selection committee shall consist of 5 members:
• Current BCA President.
• Current AKC Delegate for the BCA.
• Current Bulldogger Editor.
• 2 additional members shall be longstanding BCA members who are
selected by the current BCA Executive Committee.
• The deadline for all submissions is August 31. Submissions must be
mailed or emailed to Angela Ross, The Bulldogger editor.
• Each submission should include a photo of the dog and a list of
accomplishments for the committee to consider.
Cover Dog Criteria:
• The dog must be deceased.
• The owner must be a BCA past or present member.
• The dog or bitch must be an exemplary example of the breed by meeting
any of the following 4 categories:
a) Conformation – a BISS winner under a breeder judge.
b) Whelping Box – a Hall of Fame member, sire or dam.
c) AKC Performance Events – a dog that has met the eligibility criteria for
the BCA Hall of Fame for Companion Events OR has advanced-level
(beyond Novice) AKC titles or advanced titles from other organizations
that are formally recognized by AKC (through its Titles Recognition
Program) in at least 4 events OR must have been awarded an AKC
Versatile Companion Dog (VCD) title.
d) Miscellaneous – (A) a CH dog that has exhibited excellence in a variety
of the afore-mentioned categories.
(B) a dog that does not meet the cover dog criteria but has displayed
conspicuous gallantry or devotion to duty or service. (Must receive a
unanimous vote from the cover dog selection committee.)
• Conformation voting weight in no particular order:
a) BCA National wins
b) Best in Specialty Show wins
c) Best in Show wins
d) BCA accredited awards
• Whelping Box voting weight, in no particular order:
a) BCA National winning get
b) The win of record of get
• AKC Performance Events voting weight, in no particular order:
a) AKC recognized titles in order of achievement and difficulty.
• The members of the Selection Committee shall meet during the BCA
nationals at the beginning of the week. The Selection Committee will
review each nominated dog, and a vote will follow. The 4 dogs with the
most votes will be awarded a cover on one of the upcoming year’s issues.
Ties will require further committee review, followed by a vote until 4 dogs
have been selected.
• The 4 cover dogs will be announced at the BCA banquet.
• A dog may be nominated yearly if they have not previously been awarded
• Historical significance will be evaluated and considered when considering
dogs of different time periods.
• All decisions are final.