Health Pioneer (HP) designation or stand-alone award:
In addition to the AFH award levels, any Bulldog receiving an Ambassador for Health award that has also participated in any BCA initiated or recognized research project will receive a Health Pioneer designation which will be included on their Ambassador for Health award certificate. The Health Pioneer designation can also be applied for as a stand-alone award.
The certifications, DNA based health tests & other health related program participation that are eligible for the Health Pioneer award or designation include, but are not limited to:
- OFA EYE is included as part of the Health Pioneer recognition as the Ambassador for Health awards program only recognizes permanent certifications. A passing OFA EYE examination that is current during the 12 months prior to the award is required. OFA EYE certification will only be accepted for the standalone award once for each dog.
- BAER hearing testing
- CHIC DNA repository
- OFA Spinal Database submission
- PennHip hip evaluation
DNA based health tests any results qualifies for Pioneer. Affected, Carrier or Clear all qualify to be included.
- Type 3 Cystinuria-Associated DNA Marker
- Canine Multifocal Retinopathy (CMR1)
- Degenerative Myelopathy (DM)
- Hereditary Calcium Oxilate Urilithiosis, Type 1 (CaOx1)
The Health Committee retains the discretion to move any certification or DNA based health test from the Health Pioneer designation to full Ambassador for Health award recognition if appropriate based on an evaluation of the merits of the certification or DNA test, including a review of any published research relating to these.