n December 1,1946, a group of bulldoggers met at the home of Mrs. Sylvester Secor to discuss the formation of a bulldog club in the New York City/Long Island area. Present at this meeting were: Mrs. Arthur Norris, Mrs. Charles Whitney, Mrs. Robert Maxwell, Mr. Alvah Bright, William Hardman, Mrs. Eloise Bennett, Mrs. Sylvester Secor.
It was agreed that the club would be known as “Long Island Bulldog Club” and that the annual dues would be $5 for each member. Work began to draft a constitution and bylaws, create a club logo, and that contact would be made with the Bulldog Club of America and The American Kennel Club.
The third meeting on January 5, 1947, was attended by 37 bulldoggers, and the constitution and bylaws were reviewed and accepted. The following officers for 1947 were nominated and accepted as follows: President: Carlos Henriquez Jr; Vice Presidents: Sylvester B. Secor, Eugene Whitney; Treasurer: Charles Whitney.